March 24, 2014 by Abhay
When you shift from iPhone to an Android device, the first thing a WhatsApp user notices is that your Android Photo Album is spammed with all WhatsApp photos. In most cases it infringes on your privacy whenever you open your photo albums infront of your friends. Moreover, these photos appear as many number of times as these are shared with different people.
To Hide WhatsApp Photos From Android Photo Albums or Gallery, just follow these simple steps:
1. Download a full fledged file manager on your Android device. We are using ES File Explorer File Manager. You can download it for free from the Play Store – Download ES File Explorer File Manager
2. In your SD Card, locate the folder WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images
3. Click on the ‘Globe Icon’ on the top left and switch “Show hidden files” to ON. Now, click on the “New” button at the bottom left and select “File”.
4. Create a new file and name it as “.nomedia” and save it in this folder.
This way you will hide WhatsApp Photos from Android Photo Albums or Gallery. Please note that the existing WhatsApp photos will still appear in your Photo Albums, but no new WhatsApp photos will appear after this file has been created.
* You can repeat the same steps in “WhatsApp Video” folder to hide your WhatsApp videos from your Android Albums.
I hope this post helped you out.