September 11, 2013 by Abhay
Finally the countdown is over, and here we are at the release of the two new iPhones – iPhone 5S and the not-so-expensive iPhone 5C.
The event began with the release of iOS 7, which would be available for download starting September 18th. This free upgrade will be supported on iPhone 4 and above, iPad 2 and above, iPad Mini and the 5th-Gen iPod Touch. iWork, iMovie and iPhoto will be available for free with the new devices. Let’s see if Apple has the same offer for the devices already in market.
Now, on to the much awaited Apple devices – iPhone 5 to be replaced by the new iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. This would cater the market of the techies as well as the new smartphone users who don’t wish to shed out those extra bucks.
iPhone 5C is based on the original iPhone 5, where C stands for colours i.e. green, blue, yellow, white and coral. This phone will sport a 4-inch retina display, A5 processor and a larger battery than its mother iPhone 5. According to Jony Ive, iPhone 5C is “beautifully, unapologetically plastic” which is built seamlessly in a one-part body.
iPhone 5C specifications:
- 4-inch Retina Display
- A6 processor
- Camera – 8MP front and 1.9MP rear
- Connectivity – 4G, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi
- Price – 16GB – 99$, 32GB – 199$ (2 year contract)
- Release Date – Pre-orders start from 13 September, available from 20th September
“iPhone 5S is the most forward-thinking phone we’ve created”, says Ive. Its will be available in three beautiful and different colours – silver, gold and space grey. As rumored, it sports a “64-bit” A7 chip, making it two times faster than the iPhone 5.
iPhone 5S specifications:
- Battery – 10h 3G talk time, 250h standby, 10h LTE browsing, 40h music playback
- Camera – New five element Apple designed lens with f/2.2 aperture, New flash “true tone” – dual LED flash to match the room colours, HD video recording – slow motion and real time
- Fingerprint Sensor – Built-in stainless steel ring in the home button and scans esub-epidermal skin layers, used to unlock the device or to make iTunes purchases
- Price – 16GB -199$, 32GB – 299$, 64GB – 399$ (2 year contract)
- Release date – 20th September
We loved both the phones and are really excited for the hands-on experience. Both these devices are expected to release in a 100 more countries by December. So we don’t think the release date for India is much far. Unfortunately the iPhone 5 will be discontinued.
What do you think about these new devices from Apple?