April 23, 2013 by Abhay
In a previous post we had shown you “How to Reduce Image Size Easily“. In this post we will tell you how to reduce the size of a video in a few simple steps.
Most of the new camera and mobile devices record HD video, which are usually of very large sizes. Such videos are difficult to share or upload to video streaming websites like YouTube and are too large to send via email.
To reduce the size of a video on your computer, you do not require any third-party software. It can easily be done using Windows Movie Maker. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Open Windows Live Movie Maker on your computer. This software is pre-installed on the Windows OS.
2. Click on ‘Add videos and photos‘ on the top menu bar and add the video whose size you wish to reduce.
3. You may trim the video if you wish to, by selecting the Edit menu. This step is not mandatory.
4. Now, click on ‘Save Movie‘ and choose ‘Create custom setting…‘. Here you can change the width, height, bit rate and frame rate of the video according to the size you require. The estimate file size per minute of video will be shown to you there and then.
You may also select from a list of prescribed settings if it suits you.
5. Enter a name for your settings and save the video.
And you are ready to use the low-size video!
* Mac OS users can use iMovie to perform this operation in a similar manner!
I hope this post helped you out, keep following for more.