April 3, 2012 by Abhay
Tired of the regular iPhone tones? Want to make your favorite song your ringtone? Get free ring tones one your iPhone!
Just follow these easy steps and you are ready to go!
Using iTunes on PC:
1. Open iTunes on your PC and right click on the song which you want as a ringtone.
3. Now, go to the options bar and set the start and stop time. (The ringtone duration should be around 30 seconds). Click on OK.
4. Right click on the song again and select CREATE AAC VERSION. Now, you will have two songs of the same name.
5. Drag the AAC version to the desktop, right click and change its extension from m4a to m4r. (Make sure that you have not hidden the extension in the folder options)
6. Now open the TONES tab from the left menu bar and drag the m4r file here.
7. Connect your device and sync with iTunes.
You are done!!
Using Appstore Applications:
You can also use applications, like FoneTones, which are available on the AppStore to make the m4r files directly.
To set these files as ringtones, you can mail them to yourself and follow steps 6 and 7.
1. Connect your device to iTunes.
2. Go to the APPS tab and in the File Sharing section choose FoneTones.
3. Choose the ringtone you want to sync and save to disk.
4. Drag the file(s) to the Library section on the upper left hand side of iTunes and press Sync.
Using The Internet:
1. Download ringtones for iPhone (m4r files) directly from websites like http://www.zedge.net/.
2. Open iTunes and drag the ringtone in the TONES section.
3. Sync your device.
You can use any of the above methods as per your convenience and add ringtones to your apple device.
* If you have a jailbroken device, you may download Unlimtones from Cydia. This is the fastest and easiest way to download and add ringtones!
Try it and post your feedback! In case you face any issues, please feel free to comment.