July 1, 2012 by Abhay
Sending heavy files over the internet is almost an impossible task for most of the people. Reputed email service providers like Gmail, Yahoo and all others have a file size limit of around 25 MB, which forces people to either send the files in parts or use data storage devices to share heavy files.
Many websites which claim to send large files via email require you to make an account and have usually long upload times.
The most convenient way to transfer large files is my making use of torrents.
The biggest advantage is that you are not require to upload the file before the other person starts downloading!
This P2P sharing service allows the upload and download process to occur simultaneously, saving a lot of time!
Here’s how to go about it:
1. Download the latest version of µTorrent/utorrent for Windows/Mac/Linux.
2. Complete the installation process and open µTorrent.
3. Click on the Create New Torrent button on the main window.
4. Add any file with any size & format by locating your file and then clicking on Add File.
*You may also use the PRIVATE TORRENT option!
5. Now click on Create and save as…. An icon will be created at the location chosen by you.
Simply mail this .torrent file to the person whom you wish to send it to.
6. As soon as the other person opens this file, the download will start on his computer.
Your µTorrent status will be set to “Seeding”.
NOTE – Make sure that the other person also has µTorrent on his computer.
If you do not wish to use torrents for file transfer, you can use online storage services like Dropbox for easy storage and sharing of your files safely!
It can be downloaded for free from here : Download Dropbox
I hope this post helped you out! Keep following for more tutorials, news and updates!