May 9, 2012 by Abhay
Finally, you can make any network sim work on your iDevice and that too FREE OF COST! After so many efforts, Loktar_Sun from weiphone.com has managed to unlock the much awaited Apple iPhone 4′s baseband 4.11.08 and 4.12.01 using SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module).
- iPhone 4S (GSM only) (1.0.14, 1.0.13, 1.0.11 and etc)
- iPhone 4 (GSM only) (4.12.01, 4.11.08, 4.10.01, 2.10.04)
- iPhone 3GS
- Jailbroken iPhone 4S/4/3GS. (Not blacklisted by Apple)
- Latest version of iTunes.
- Carrier and country to which the device is locked.
- Working internet connection.
- Make sure you have inserted the sim card that you intend to use on your device.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Launch Cydia on your device and add the repo “http://repo.bingner.com“.
2. Open this source and download the SAM package.
3. Search for the SAMPrefs icon on your springboard and open it.
4. Go to “Utilities” and select De-Activate iPhone. The activation state under “More Information” will now turn to Unactivated.
SAM has now been enabled on your device.
5. Go to “Method” and select By Country And Carrier option and find the country and carrier on which your device is locked. For some carriers using more than one Carrier ID, you may need to select the SIM ID option, since iTunes will not activate if the wrong IMSI is selected.
6. Go to “More Information” and copy the IMSI from “SAM Details”, then select Spoof Real SIM to SAM.
7. Now, go back to the main screen and change the “Method” to Manual, and paste the IMSI which was copied in the previous step.
8. Connect your device to iTunes and wait for it to activate. Double click on Phone Number option, and it should show the ICCID of your sim card.
If it does not match, repeat the whole procedure.
9. Disconnect your device and close iTunes.
10. Disable SAM.
11. Reconnect your device to iTunes. You will get an error, “Your phone could not be activated”. Just close iTunes and open it again.
Just wait for a while and congratulations YOUR DEVICE HAS BEEN UNLOCKED !
* You may face problem with the Push Notifications. To rectify them use the “clear push” utility in SAM followed by connecting it to iTunes.
* Your device will be unlocked on the SIM card which was used during this process only. Repeat the above process to save the unlock ticket for each SIM.
TO SAVE YOUR UNLOCK TICKET
Using iFile go to
and save a copy of everything in this directory for each SIM.
NOTE – Unlocking is a crime in many countries, and should be avoided.
I hope this help’s you! Try it and post your feedback! Good Luck!