April 28, 2013 by Abhay
A Favicon is a website’s logo which shows up in your browser’s tab when you open a link to your website. You must have seen the logo of your favorite websites next to the title whenever you open them. These logos are basically intended to be used whenever you bookmark a webpage.
Creating a Favicon
A favicon is .ico image file and can be created easily using your computer or with the help of various online favicon generators.
1. Open the logo of your website in Paint.
2. Now Resize the image to 16 x 16 pixels.
3. Save the image as favicon.ico
Alternatively, use any online favicon generator such as http://www.favicon.cc/.
Putting Up Your Website Logo in The Browser Tab
1. Upload your favicon file (favicon.ico) to your website or blog.
2. Open the theme editor in your control panel and select the header.php file. Copy the following code below the <head> HTML tag:
<link rel=”shortcut icon” href=”http://s.wordpress.org/favicon.ico” type=”image/vnd.microsoft.icon”/>
<link rel=”icon” href=”http://s.wordpress.org/favicon.ico” type=”image/x-ico”/>
Replace the underlined URL with the URL of your favicon.
3. Save the changes and you are done. Refresh and you will see you website logo in the browser tab.
I hope this post helped you out, keep following for more.